This course aims to give Teachers, Sendcos and Teaching Assistants an insight into accessing special education and supporting children with additional needs in mainstream settings.
It will also cover strategies and teaching approaches, including resources to develop engagement and promote positive interaction.
14 November 2018
The Milestone School, Longford Lane, Gloucester, GL2 9EU
1.30 – 3.30
Suitable for: EY Settings & Primary Schools
Points covered in the course include:
- Pathways into special schools
- Overview of difficulties and disabilities you may experience within your setting
- Teaching approaches used to support children with learning difficulties
- Examples of visual supports and communication systems to develop positive interactions and enable independent choice making
- Introduction to Chronic Sorrow and the impact this can have on families and carers
- Group discussion time and opportunities to share knowledge and experiences
To book on this programme, please complete the booking form
Click download PDF below for a printable copy of the flyer